Cherry Berry Tiramisu with Moscato
Cherry Berry Tiramisu with Moscato for all your All-American celebrations!
For 8 Person(s)
For the Tiramisu:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries washed, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch dices
- 2 cups fresh cherries washed, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch dices
- 2 pounds mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 packets Italian vanilla powder (Vanillina) or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 750 ml Moscato wine
- 50 lady finger cookies
- Optional: fresh strawberries and blueberries for decorating
- In a mixing bowl combine the strawberries and cherries together. If the berries are tart, toss them with a few tablespoons of granulated sugar (I found very sweet berries so this wasn't necessary)
- In another large mixing bowl combine the mascarpone, heavy cream and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth. Fold in the berries until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Pour the moscato into a shallow dish and begin dipping the lady finger cookies one at a time, making sure they are completely moistened by turning them over at least once in the wine.
- Arrange as many cookies in a single layer of a 9x13 inch. Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the cookies and repeat another layer of moistened lady fingers. Spread the rest of the mascarpone mixture over the top.
- Decorate with fresh berries of your choice and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- The cake can be kept refrigerated for up to 2 days.