If you do not know how to eat Artichokes. Pull the petal through your slightly clenched teeth to remove the soft, tender flesh at the bottom of the petal. Discard the remainder. Continue until all petals have been removed and eaten. You will now have arrived at the Heart!!!!! (Best Part!)
For 4 Person(s)
For the Artichokes:
- 12 Baby Artichokes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 1 garlic blub, cleaned/peeled and smashed
- salt and pepper
- Wash the artichokes and take off any bad petals but leave the good ones and the stems on.
- Put the artichokes into a large enough pot that when you put the water in the artichokes will be covered.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then, Pre-heat oven at 350F
- In a measuring cup put in a 1/4 cup of white wine, 1/4 cup chicken broth, then ....
- Put the smashed garlic, 1 tablespoon of grated cheese and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Stir all together and let stand for about 15 mins.
- Then go check and see if the artichokes are cooked. Put a knife into the bottom stems. If it feels tender they should be cooked.
- Take the artichokes and drain them.
- Place the artichokes in a baking pan.
- Now pour all the mixture over the artichokes and let stand (wine, ck broth, grated cheese, garlic) for about 15 mins.
- Every 5 mins. turn the artichokes and the mixture around.
- Then place the pan with the artichokes into the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the artichokes and garlic get some color on them.
Before serving them place the artichokes on a plate and then add the juice with the garlic, etc on top. Enjoy !!
Appetizer Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Artichoke Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Good Friday Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes, Nonna Mimi Acquista