Baby Artichokes... a light and refreshing appetizer or side dish.
For 4 Person(s)
- 12 baby artichokes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup EV olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 small sweet onion
- 1/4 fine EV olive oil for dressing the dish
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- Cut the tips of the leaves of the artichokes and the core and put in a bowl of water with 1/2 lemon. Artichokes must be completely covered with water.
- In a saute` pan with some olive oil, saute` the onion and garlic until the onion is clear.
- Add the wine and cook for 5 mins.
- Add artichokes and water with chicken broth.
- Cook on low heat for 1 hour adding water to continue covering the artichokes.
- Artichokes must be tender - add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with parsley and oil when heat is turned off.
- Leave cover on to finish cooking for 10 mins.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Appetizer Recipes, Nonna Diane Laudano, Side Dish Recipes, Basilicata Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Artichoke Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes