Tagliatelle with Artichokes and Pancetta Recipe
Tagliatelle with Artichokes and Pancetta Recipe.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 4 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 18 ounces frozen artichokes, thawed
- 1 pound dried egg tagliatelle
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Put a large skillet over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Pancetta to the pan and cook until slightly crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- At this time, drop the pasta into a large pot of salted boiling water. The pasta should cook until just harder than al dente, about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the wine to the skillet being careful to scrape up any brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Add in the Artichokes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet along with the reserved pasta water. Toss together for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the grated cheese allowing the residual heat of the pan to melt the cheese into the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately in warm bowls.