Tortellini with Ham and Cream
Tortellini with Ham and Cream.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 pound sliced ham cut or torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 10oz package Cheese Tortellini
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- Put a large skillet over a medium flame and melt the butter.
- Add the ham to the pan and sauté until lightly crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and black pepper to the pan and bring to a simmer. Do not boil the cream or it may curdle.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the cream begins to thicken.
- Shut off the flame and stir in the cheese.
- Drop the tortellini into salted boiling water and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and add the tortellini to the pan. Toss over a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of grated Parmigiano cheese.