Almond Paste Thumbprint Cookies
Almond Paste Thumbprint Cookies.
- Packets of Vanillina available HERE!
- Jars of Preserve available HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor add the almonds an process until fine, about 1 minute. Remove to a mixing bowl and add the sugar, zest, vanilla and egg whites.
- Mix with your hands until all the egg whites are absorbed.
- Divide the dough into balls about the size of a rounded tablespoon and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Using your finger make an indentation on each cookie and fill the indentations with jam.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the bottoms are slightly browned. Cool completely before serving.