Baked Pennette with Mortadella
On a chilly day, there is nothing better than smelling the aroma of Baked Pennette with Mortadella. Make this dish with Ziti, Penne, Fusilli, or any pasta that you prefer.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pennette:
- 1 pound Pennette pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 leaves of sage
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- pepper flakes
- grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 pound mozzarella
- 1/4 pound mortadella
Get your copy of the
- In a saute pan, add the EV olive oil and the chopped garlic.
- Let the garlic saute for a few minutes until it turns lightly golden and add the ground meat.
- Saute the meat by braking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the bay leaves and the sage leaves broken by hand. Add salt and red pepper flakes as desired.
- Saute the meat until it turns brown. Add the red wine.
- Let the alcohol evaporate for a few minutes and add the chopped tomaroes.
- Turn the flame to medium and cover the saute pan.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
- Cook the Pennette half way thru, drain the water and blanch the pasta.
- Take a deep dish baking pan and add a layer of sauce at the bottom. Follow with a layer of pasta, a coating of sauce and pieces of Mortadella. Add shreds of Mortadella and a generous sprinkle of Parmigiano cheese.
- Repat the layering process until you have used up all the pasta.
- Do not add Mozzarella on the final layer. You will add it in the last 10 minutes of the baking process.
- Bake the pasta for about 20 mins. After 10 mins. add a coating of Mozzarella on top.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
First Course Recipes, Meat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Baked Pasta Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes