Bird's Nests Cookies - Basket Cookies
Bird's Nests Cookies (Nidi di Uccelli) - Basket Cookies... lovely and delicate cookies to be enjoyed at all the major holidays and at all the family parties.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Crust:
- 3 Oz Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Stick of butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup of flour
For the Filling:
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- In a stand mixer, add the butter and work it a little bit with the paddle until it gets nice and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and let them mix well.
- Add the flour and continue to mix until all the flour is absorbed.
- Make a ball out of the dough, put it in a plastic bag and refrigerate it for one hour.
- Meantime you can prepare the filling.
- In a bowl add the eggs and beat them.
- Add the butter and the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the walnuts and mix well.
- Add the brown sugar and continue to mix until the sugar is totally melted.
- Take a mini-cupcake pan, roll a small piece of dough half the size of a golf ball and place it in each cavity of the pan. With your fingers spread the dough against to bottom and the wall of the cavity to form a little basket. Alternatively, you can use a Pastry Shaper to mold the baskets better. (You can get one right HERE)
- Drop about one teaspoon of the walnut mix in each basket. Fill all your baskets and bake the for about 12-15 mins. at 375F.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cookies Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Nonna Cecilia DeBellis, Italian Wedding Cookies and Pastries
Very good & not difficult. The quantity of the filling was way too much for the dough. I made 24...
See Full Review >> - Sandy11