Farfalle with Peas and Sausage
Farfalle with Peas and Sausage: Like most Italians I'm a huge fan of pasta e piselli! I thought I would make a delicious variation with a hearty tomato sauce and some sweet sausage. Enjoy
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Farfalle or Bow Tie pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound sweet sausage (removed from the casing)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion
- 16 ounces frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan and sauté the onion for about 4-5 minutes until soft over a medium flame.
- Add the sausage and brown for about 3-4 minutes. Break up the pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the wine and reduce for about 2-3 minutes or until you no longer smell alcohol.
- Add the tomatoes, peas, salt, pepper and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until very al dente and add it to the sauce. Toss together for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Toss together allowing the residual heat of the pan melt the cheese.
- Serve in warm bowls with extra grated cheese on top!
My daughter’s first try and she absolutely loved it. She is happy that there was sausage in it as ...
See Full Review >> - munchkin616