Cantucci Morbidi-Soft Cantucci
This is my recipe for: "Cantucci Morbidi" (soft cantucci). We tried these cantucci last year when we visited Italy (Vasto) at a friend's house and she was kind enough to give us her recipe. I also bake the classic cantucci, but my husband likes better the softer version of them.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cantucci:
- 2 ounces warm melted butter
- 1/2 pound all purpose flour
- 1/2 pound sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons candied fruit (or nuts, chocolate chips, almonds, peanuts)
- pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Envelope Vanillina or 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Mix the 3 eggs with the sugar and a pinch of salt until well blended and smooth.
- Add the warm butter and slowly add the sifted flour with the vanillina powder, or the 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Add the 5 table spoons of the candied fruit or nuts, chocolate chips, almonds or peanuts and mix slowly to incorporate all.
- Form two loaves, put them on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake on a pre-heated oven at 355F for 30-35 minutes.
- When the loaves are golden, take them out of the oven and let them cool.
- Slice the cantucci in diagonal shape of about 1/2" thick. Optionally you can sprinkle the cantucci with powdered sugar.
They can be served with a Vin Santo from Tuscany!
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Abruzzo Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cookies Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
I have made it.My husband and my children liked this recipe.Thanks for this delicious taste. - hulya
Very tasty and light. I have a couple of corrections for your recipe. #1 I wasn't prepared to have...
See Full Review >> - JoGot2