Fried Zucchini Flowers
Fried Zucchini Flowers: one of the early joys of a summer garden!
For 6 Person(s)
For the Flowers:
- 12 zucchini flowers
- 1 ounce mozzarella, cut in 12 cubes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- frying oil
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Wash the Zucchini flowers under fresh water.
- Gently open the petals of each flower and insert 2 capers and 1 cube of mozzarella.
- In a bowl, prepare the pastella (batter) by mixing: flour, eggs, garlic, mint, cheese and water.
- Dip the flower in the pastella and fry in hot oil.
- Fry the flowers on both sides until they turn golden.
- Serve immediately.
PAny leftover pastella, do not throw away. Pour it in the hot oil and fry it... delicious!
Very good. We only had butternut squash blossoms that looked just like yours and shredded Italian ch...
See Full Review >> - firstname.lastname@example.org
so good! - ciaobella124
Thanks for the recipe, delicious... - RITABERRETTA