Homemade Ravioli... another Italian recipe that has conquered the world.
PS: This Video Recipe is also available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Filling:
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground veal
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Dough:
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Filling Preparation:
- Add some EV olive oil to a saute` pan.
- Break the three type of meats and saute` it in the oil till it browns completely. Add two ladles of hot water to keep it moist. Cook for about 10 mins.
- Let it cool off and add two eggs and mix well. Add the cheese and bread crumbs and mix well.
- Set aside for later.
- Of course with the filling you can be as creative as you like. Ravioli can be filled just about with anything: ricotta, mushrooms, lobster, etc.
- Dough Prepatation:
- In a KitchenAid stand mixer, put one Lb of flour, 4 eggs and 2 Tbs of EV olive oil.
- Start to mix and slowly add warm water until you have dough that is mixed well and firm.
- Sprinkle some flour on a wooden board. Remove the dough from the stand mixer and put it on the board.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes to give it a more uniform consistency.
- Make the Ravioli:
- Attach the pasta roller to the stand mixer and set to #1 setting.
- Cut a small piece of dough and run it a few times through the roller to remove air bubbles.
- Set the pasta roller to #4 and pass the sheet of dough again through the roller.
- Now you are ready to start filling and creating the Ravioli.
- Put the thin sheet of dough on the wooden board and put 1 Tsp of filling on the dough about 1" apart.
- Fold the dough over the filling and cut around it with a ravioli cutter or a form that you may have.
- Put any excess dough with the rest of the dough and continue the process until you have no more dough.
- The finished Ravioli can be cooked in broth or can be served with Ragu sauce or any other sauce that you prefer.
First Course Recipes, Meat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Nonna Rina Mulazzi, Emilia Romagna Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Parmigiano Reggiano Recipes, Ravioli Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, Homemade Pasta Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes