Italian Cheese Bread
Italian Cheese Bread for... Bread Lovers!
For 8 Person(s)
- 2 (1/4 oz.) pkg. dry yeast
- 1 cup margarine
- 6 large eggs
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour -- sifted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 lb. Swiss cheese
- 1/4 lb. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup of warm water.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine until fluffy. Beat eggs in another bowl until light. Add eggs to margarine, blending well. Stir in dissolved yeast water.
- Sift flour, salt and sugar together. Gradually add to egg mixture, continue to beat until satiny.
- Cut Swiss and Cheddar cheese into 1/4 inch cubes. Stir cubed cheese and Parmesan cheese into mixture.
- Place dough in a 4 quart greased glass mixing bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled in volume. With spoon, and stir gently. Cover bowl and let rise until doubled, again.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan. Gently stir dough down. Pour into pan. Let rise again until doubled.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees oven for 35 - 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes out of oven. Lift bread out by tube and cool 20 more minutes. Eat while warm!! :)
Please Follow me on Instagram!