Italian Pork Chops with Mushrooms
Italian Breaded Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Garlic.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Chops:
- 4 pork chops
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms.(do not slice)(just take the stems off for use later)
- salt & pepper
- Small bowl beat egg and milk
- In separate bowl put in the bread crumbs, parmeasan cheese and parsley
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture...then into the bread crumb mixture...coating evenly
- Heat the EV Olive Oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until lightly golden/browned
- Remove the garlic and reserve for the mushrooms later/leave the EV Olive Oil in the pan
- Now fry the breaded pork chops...brown for about 5 minutes on each side
- Place the skillet with the pork chops in the preheated oven
- Cook for about 25 minutes or to an internal temperature of 170 degrees F
- While pork chops are cooking in the oven ...in a seperate frying pan.....
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of EV Olive Oil....heat up for a minute then
- put in the mushroom caps and cook until almost tender and then add the stems from the mushrooms....cook to taste and add salt & pepper.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
Pre-heat oven @ 325 ....Cook for about 25 minutes or internal temperature of 170 degrees F Once the pork chops and mushrooms are cooked ...place pork chops on a plate and place the cooked mushrooms on top of the pork chops....now top it off with the garlic you put aside. Enjoy!!