Ann's Amaretti Cake
This cake is more like a brownie, because it is not made with flour, but amaretti cookies and almonds. Melted chocolate is added in to enrich the flavor. I chose to submit this cake because it is my daughter, Ann's, favorite and it is also her birthday on July 5th.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup baby amaretti cookies
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9-in springform pan with nonstick spray & refrigerate
- In a small bowl, microwave chocolate chips, stirring every 20 seconds until melted and smooth.
- In a food processor, combine almonds and cookies, pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
- Then, add butter and sugar to the processor and blend until creamy.
- With the machine still running, add the eggs one at a time. Then proceed to add nut mixture and melted chocolate. Pulse until all is blended.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake until the center puffs, about 35 minutes.
- Cool cake for about 15-20 min, then transfer to a platter.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
After cooled, I often sprinkle powdered sugar on top with some sliced strawberries to add a little something extra.
This cake is delicious!! - Napoliamore
This is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth! this cake is moist. I love the amaretti cookies with the ch...
See Full Review >> - annvictoria5