Nonna's Marinara Sauce
Nonna's Marinara Sauce, a basic tomato sauce to be enjoyed as is or as a base in many other recipes.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Sauce:
- 28 ounces peeled tomatoes in puree
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- peperoncino, as desired
- salt, as desired
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl and crush them with your hands until you see no more lumps. Set aside.
- In a pan, add the EV olive oil, the onion and the garlic.
- Once the garlic begins to turn lightly golden, add the tomatoes.
- Add salt and peperoncino as desired.
- Once the sauce comes to a boil, set the flame to medium/low and add the basil.
- Cook the sauce for 10 minutes and you are done!