Braciole in Ragu` Sauce
Braciole in Ragu` Sauce: on Sunday my Nonna makes Braciole in Ragu` Sauce!
Sometimes, also called Brasciole!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Braciole:
- 1/2 pound beef cut in thin slices
- 1/2 pound veal cut in thin slices
- 1/2 pound pork cut in thin slices
- garlic cut in wedges
- pecorino romano - cut in small wedges
- sprigs of fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- red hot pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 quarts tomato sauce
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- Braciole Preparation:
- Prepare the wedges of garlic, Pecorino Romano and parsley. Do not chop the parsley.
- Lay out on a wooden board a slice of meat. At one edge of the meat place 2-3 wedges of pecorino cheese, 2-3 wedges of garlic and a generous sprinkle of fresh black pepper.
- Add two small sprigs of fresh parsley and roll the meat into a roll. Close the meat with three wood toothpicks to ensure that only the aroma and not the ingredients escape during cooking.
- Put aside.
- Sauce Preparation:
- In a large pot, put 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and 4 cloves of minced garlic. Let the garlic saute` for two minutes until it turns light golden.
- Add the Braciole to the pot and carefully saute` them in the hot oil for a few minutes. Add a sprinkle of hot pepper, as desired, and turn the Braciole several times until they brown on all sides.
- Add the white wine and contine the saute` process until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the tomato sauce and cover the pot.
- Cook at low-medium heat for 45 mins.
- Remove the Braciole from the pot and gently remove all the toothpicks.
- Separately boil some Rigatoni or other large pasta that you prefer and serve with the sauce from the Braciole.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Entree Recipes, Meat Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Braciole Recipes, Ragu` Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Italian Pasta Sauces, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving Entree Recipes, Christmas Entree Recipes, Easter Entree Recipes, Sunday Dinner Recipes
Question: Do you put a slice of each meat on top of each other, then the remainder of the ingredient...
See Full Review >> - dallie52
This looks to be the same way my own Nonna made it, which was fabulous, and has my mouth watering; b...
See Full Review >> - Delia the Crone
Just like my mother-in-law used to make. Very good. - Debra-Bevilacqua@comcast.net
I remember this. I can almost smell it! sounds delicious. I\'m trying it this weekend. One question,...
See Full Review >> - rrago
One of my favorite recipes for the holidays, brings back good memories - Jgrant12
Yummy. I make this once a year. - Pab238