Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Grilled Shrimp Pasta Salad
Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Grilled Shrimp Pasta Salad:
For me, super hot summer days call for pasta salad! I made this one inspired by the flavors of Puglia! As a die hard Pugliese, it's no secret that Orecchiette and Broccoli Rabe is by far my favorite pasta and vegetable combination. Any time! Hot or cold! I Adding some some simple grilled shrimp and cherry tomatoes gives a refreshing twist! Italians call a dish like this Mare e Monti (land and sea) because the fruits of the land and sea of Puglia are represented.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 pound Orecchiette pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (ends trimmed and cleaned, washed, pat dry and cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing the grill tossing with the cooked pasta and later for tossing the salad)
- 1/2 pound large shrimp (deveined, washed and pat dry)
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain in a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Toss with oil to prevent sticking. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large sauté pan heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and sauté garlic for about 30 seconds or until it just begins to brown.
Add the anchovy fillets and break them up with a wooden spoon as they begin to liquify.
- Add the broccoli rabe and the salt and sauté for about 3-5 minutes (I personally like to cook them until they're wilted because I like them to have some bite in my pasta salad. Cutting them small will also help them cook faster!)
- Turn off the heat and set aside allowing them to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta, broccoli rabe and cherry tomatoes together with some good quality extra virgin olive oil. Let it sit in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Brush a cast iron grill pan with oil and grill the shrimp for 3-5 minutes on each side or until charred grill marks appear.
- Add the shrimp to the chilled pasta salad and serve!
Rosella - Step #6 is missing the word shrimp. It's the ingredient shrimp that needs to be grilled. - NJDrew1