Pasta Ceci e Patate ~ Pasta with Chickpeas & Potatoes
Pasta Ceci e Patate ~ Pasta with Chickpeas & Potatoes.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 16 oz jars chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 chicken or vegetable broth
- 8 ounces Mafaldine pasta, broken into 2 inch pieces
- salt and black pepper as desired
- Drain and rinse both jars of chickpeas. Add one jar to a blender or food processor with 1/4 cup of water. Purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Put a large skillet over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the shallots and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and Rosemary to the pan and salt as desired. Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth to the pan, making sure it totally covers the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Get the Ingredients you need for this recipe HERE!
- Add the whole and puréed Chickpeas to the pan. Bring to a boil and add the pasta to the pan. Cook until the pasta is al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve in warm bowls with an extra drizzle of extra Virgin olive oil.