Pasta e Fagioli Soup with Sausage
Pasta e Fagioli Soup with Sausage... when it gets chilly out, this is the dish to have!
For 8 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces Botticelli Crushed Tomatoes, about half a can
- 15 ounces Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces Botticelli Elbow Pasta
- Crusty Italian bread and grated cheese for serving
- Put a large stockpot over a medium-high flame and heat the oil.
- Add the sausage to the pot and cook until evenly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the onion, garlic, celery and bay leaves. Cook while stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the broth to the pot, taking care to scrape up any brown bits stuck to the bottom with your wooden spoon. Stir in the tomatoes and beans.
- Bring to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until the pasta is 1-2 minutes shy of al dente (the pasta will continue to cook slightly in the soup so you don’t want to cook it too long)
- Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty Italian bread and a generous sprinkle of grated cheese.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Wednesday, 04 April 2018
I made this for my family and they couldn't get enough of it. Wonderful recipe! - Meina