Pistachio Pandoro Truffles
Pistachio Pandoro Truffles.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Truffles:
- 1 - 1 1/2 inch thick slice Pandoro
- 1/3 cup Pistacchio Spread, plus extra for filling the truffles
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk, half n half or heavy cream
- 2 cups Crushed pistachios for rolling
- Yield: about 15 Truffles
- Get the products needed in this recipe HERE
- In a mixing bowl, break up the Pandoro into small pieces using your hands.
- Add the pistachio spread, Vanillina, almond extract and milk. Mix using a spatula until all the ingredients are fully incorporated and the mixture forms a paste.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disk and add 1/2 teaspoon of pistachio spread to the center. Seal the balls and roll them closed using a little more dough if you need.
- Roll each ball in the crushed pistachios.
- Chill for 2 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.