Quick Pasta e Ceci
Quick Pasta e Ceci.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 large shallot or 1 small yellow onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 ounces prosciutto or pancetta, cubed or cut up small
- 2 19oz cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound pipette pasta or shells or ditalini
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for sprinkling
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- Put a 4 quart saucepan over a medium-high flame and heat the oil. Add the carrots, shallot, celery rosemary and bay leaves to the pan. Cool until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the prosciutto to the pan and cook until the prosciutto begins to slightly crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Take about 1 cup of the chickpeas and mash them with a spoon. Add them to the pan along with the whole chickpeas. Cool for 5 minutes and add the water and parsley. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken, about 20 minutes. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as desired. Add the parsley.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for 5 minutes less than the package instructions. The pasta should be hard.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the chickpeas. Cook until the pasta is al dente, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls with an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.