Roasted Pepper Vodka Sauce
Roasted Pepper Vodka Sauce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 1 28oz can roasted peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 shallots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 pound dried Mafaldine pasta
- Get the ingredients you need for this recipe HERE
- Add the drained peppers to the bowl of a food processor or a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Put a large skillet over a medium flame and melt the butter. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the vodka and cook until you no longer smell alcohol, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste, blended peppers and salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Add in the cream and stir until combined.. Keep the sauce on low while the pasta cooks.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water. Cook until al dente. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Stir in the grated pecorino romano and pasta water cook until melted.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls with a generous sprinkle of grated pecorino Romano cheese.