Rocher Spider Cookies
Rocher Spider Cookies.
For 1 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet Vanillina or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 12 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Small Candy Eyes for decorating
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the oil, egg, yolk, sugar and vanilla. Add the flour and mix until absorbed and a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll into balls.
Place each ball of dough 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
Using a measuring tablespoon make a deep indentation into each ball. This is where the rocher will rest.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a double boiler or in a microwave melt the chocolate. Transfer the melted chocolate to a pastry bag or small plastic sandwich bag. Snip a very small corner off the bag and add a small amount of chocolate in each cookie’s indentation. Rest the rocher on the chocolate. This will hold the rocher in the cookie as it dries. Pipe out 3 thin legs on each side of the Cookie.
- Put a dot of chocolate on each candy eye and position them on the top of the rocher. Make sure all the chocolate is dry before serving.