Savory Olive Biscotti
Savory Olive Biscotti.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Biscotti:
- extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup pitted gaeta or Kalamata or Castelvetrano olives (chop half the olives and leave the other half whole)
- 3 large eggs divided, 2 beaten, 1 for egg wash
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Get the Products/Ingredients featured in this recipe HERE!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the parchment paper lightly with evoo.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cheese and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add in the olives, the 2 beaten eggs milk, oregano and thyme. Mix until a smooth dough forms. If the dough is sticky, oil your hands and form a loaf on the baking sheet.
- Beat the remaining egg and Brush with the egg wash. Sprinkle with a bit more grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch wide biscotti. Lower the oven temperature to 325. Place the biscotti cut side down and bake again for 10 minutes. Flip the cookies over and bake an additional 10 min.