Biscotti a Riccio - Curled Cookies
Biscotti a Riccio (Curled Cookies)... made famous by "Il Gattopardo" and still made for the Easter Holidays in the Agrigento area of Sicily. The mix of these ingredients produce what is called "Pasta Reale" or Royal Dough!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 pound whole almonds peeled
- 1 pound sugar
- 4 egg whites
- lemon, zest only
- dash of cinnamon
- Put in a blender or a food processor the almonds and 3/4 of the sugar.
- Blend the almonds very briefly... you want the almonds to not be too fine.
- Add the remaining sugar, the lemon zest and the cinnamon and fold.
- Whip the egg whites and fold into the almonds.
- Insert the almonds in a piping bag with a large star tip and make S or straight cookies on a baking pan. The cookies should be about 3 inches long.
- Bake at 355F for about 15 minutes or until the cookies turn golden.
Nonna Rosina Ingaglia, Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Easter Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Cookie Recipes, Heart Friendly Dessert Recipes, Gluten Free Dessert Recipes, Vegetarian Dessert Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Dessert Recipes, Almond Cookie and Dessert Recipes