This spinach pie is super delicious and definitely way easier to make than you would think.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Dough:
- 17 ounces all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 12 ounces boiled spinach
- 12 ounces ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- plain bread crumbs
- Place all dough ingredients in a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, knead until the dough is smooth and combined. Wrap in plastic while you make the filling.
- To create the filling, mix the spinach with the ricotta.
- Next, add your egg, Parmesan, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside briefly.
- Unwrap your dough from the plastic and divide it into two equal parts.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to create two circles 30 cm in diameter each.
- On your first circle, sprinkle breadcrumbs over-top to help absorb the moisture of the filling and to keep the dough dry.
- Distribute the filling on the circle that was just sprinkled with bread crumbs.
- Place one large dollop at the center of the circle, and spread the remainder in a ring around the dough.
- Sprinkle the filling with grated Parmesan.
- Now, cover with the second circle of dough.
- Seal the edges with your hands, and then use a fork to press.
- Place a small bowl in the middle of the pie and press lightly to make an indentation.
- Use your fork to press lightly.
- Cut the dough into pieces approximately 2 cm thick, keeping it attached at the center. See the photo for reference.
- Twist each slice and continue until each slice is twisted.
- Bake the spinach pie at 355F (180°C) for 30 minutes or until golden.
Use the Code CWN20 to Get 20% OFF
On my New T-Shirts!