Spinach Tomato & Mushroom Soup with Chicken Sausage
Spinach Tomato & Mushroom Soup with Chicken Sausage.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 chicken sausage, casings removed
- 10 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 14 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water and 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 ounces baby spinach
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Get the Products/Ingredients featured in this Recipe: HERE!
- Put a stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the carrots, onions and celery and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Sausage and begin to break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until the sausage has browned. About 7-10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they release some water, about 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add in the can of cherry tomatoes or the passata and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water and the bouillon cube or the 6 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in the spinach and Cook until just wilted.
- Serve With crusty bread or taralli and with a generous sprinkle of grated cheese!