The Italian-American Antipasto Pasta Salad
The Italian-American Antipasto Pasta Salad.
For 8 Person(s)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
For the pasta salad:
- 1 pound dried fusilli pasta
- 2 cups jarred mushrooms in vinegar
- 2 cups jarred artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 cups Castelvetrano olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup jarred grilled peppers, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 8 ounces bocconcini mozzarella
- 4 ounces mortadella, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 4 ounces Italian salami or soppressata, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Get all the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE.
- To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar and oregano. Set aside.
To make the pasta:
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and run under cold running water to stop the cooking.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.