Tomato Soup with Mozzarella Asiago Dippers
Tomato Soup with Mozzarella Asiago Dippers... perfect for your Super Bowl party!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 cups all natural chicken broth
- 28 ounces whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup light cream (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Dippers:
- 4 slices of Italian bread (I used the round loaf)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese, grated
- extra virgin olive oil or butter for brushing
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- For the Soup:
- In a large pot heat the oil and melt the butter together. Add the garlic and onions and sautÃ© stirring with a wooden spoon until soft. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and broth. Stir, breaking up the tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for a bit 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Cool the soup slightly and purÃ©e either in a blender in batches or with an immersion blender. Stir in the cream (optional)
- For the Dippers:
- Brush each side of the bread slices with the olive oil or butter. Add the cheeses and assemble the sandwich.
- Cook on a panini press on high for 3-5 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bread and the cheese is melted.
Please Follow me on Instagram!