Vin Cotto Ciambella
For 10 Person(s)
For the Ciambella:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Fig or Grape Vincotto
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Fig or Grape Vincotto
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Optional: chopped almonds for garnishing
- Get the Vincotto HERE!
- To make the Ciambella:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a Bundt pan with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs and sugar and mix on medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Add in the vincotto, milk and oil and mix well.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix until just absorbed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes. Cool before glazing.
- To make the glaze:
- In a small mixing bowl combine the melted butter, cocoa, vincotto and brown sugar. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour over cooked cake and top with chopped almonds.