Broccoli Rabe & Sausage Soup with Cannellini Beans
Broccoli Rabe & Sausage Soup with Cannellini Beans.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 cups water
- 2 vegetable or chicken bouillon Cubes
- 19 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and black pepper, as desired
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- Put a six quart stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the sausage and sauté while breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. When the sausage has browned, about 5 minutes, add the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions have softened a bit, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water, bouillon cubes, beans, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and add the broccoli rabe.
- Return the pot to a boil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread and a sprinkle of grated parmigiano cheese.