Classic Pasta e Fagioli
Classic Pasta e Fagioli... the way only Nonna can make them. Simple and delicious. Great comfort food on a chilly night.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 pound dry Canellini beans
- 1 pound ditalini pasta
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- The evening before, wash the canellini beans and put them in a pot with water, 4 bay leaves and 1/2 Tbs of salt. The water should be 2 inches above the beans.
- The next day, leave the beans in the same water. Add to the pot the garlic finely chopped, the celery cut in small pieces and the tomatoes also cut in small pieces. Add the olive oil as well.
- Cover the pot and cook on a very low flame for about 3 1/2 hours. Occasionally taste the beans to see if they are very soft as they may cook a little sooner depending on the size of the beans.
- Separately cook the pasta Al Dente. Ditalini pasta is recommended.
- Pour beans and broth over the pasta. Add a dash of EV olive oil. Add pepper as desired.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, First Course Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Pasta e Fagioli Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Easy Pasta Recipes, Heart Friendly First Courses Recipes, Vegetarian First Course Recipes, Vegan First Course Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes, Cucina Povera della Nonna
I couldn't find dry cannelloni beans. I substituted a 1 LB can of them as well as a smaller can. Na...
See Full Review >> - spend1us
Wonderful!!! Exactly what it should be! Of course everybody likes it! - WheelsAllan