Cod with Olives & Tomatoes
Cod with Olives & Tomatoes.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Cod:
- 4 cod fillets, 1-1 1/4 pounds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Gaeta or Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- Rinse the fish under cold running water and pat dry.
- Put a large saute` pan with a lid over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and the scallions to the pan and saute until the garlic begins to color, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the red pepper flakes, olives, capers and white wine. Cook for 1 minute and add in the tomatoes.
- Add the fish fillets into the pan and spoon the sauce over each fillet. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the fish flakes.