Cannoli Cheesecake... two beauties come together!
For 12 Person(s)
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 3 pounds smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- candied orange slices or shelled
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Wrap all sides and bottom of a 9” spring form pan securely with a double layer thickness of aluminum foil. Combine all of the crust ingredients together and press evenly across the bottom and 1/2” up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool before filling.
- In a large bowl beat Ricotta Cheese and granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in flour, vanilla and orange peel. Add beaten eggs one at a time and blend on low speed only until incorporated (do not over mix). Carefully pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place in a large baking pan and add 1” of hot water to the pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until center is almost set. Carefully remove pan from oven and lift out spring form pan and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove aluminum foil; run a sharp knife around edge of pan to loosen; allow to cool an additional hour and remove side of pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with candied oranges or pistachios if desired.
The filling is quite alot for 1 cheesecake, depending on how large you spring form is. I made 2 mini and 1 large cheesecake and there was plenty. Same for the crust..
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cakes and Pies Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Cheesecake Recipes, Christmas Dessert Recipes
Love it. I used Lorna Doone Cookiies instead of the Graham Crackers for the crust! - TommyHunt
Love this, the recipe was easy to follow, but for my first time making it and following the baking t...
See Full Review >> - mbrinker