Cannoli Cheesecake... two beauties come together!
For 12 Person(s)
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 3 pounds smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- candied orange slices or shelled
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Wrap all sides and bottom of a 9” spring form pan securely with a double layer thickness of aluminum foil. Combine all of the crust ingredients together and press evenly across the bottom and 1/2” up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool before filling.
- In a large bowl beat Ricotta Cheese and granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in flour, vanilla and orange peel. Add beaten eggs one at a time and blend on low speed only until incorporated (do not over mix). Carefully pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place in a large baking pan and add 1” of hot water to the pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until center is almost set. Carefully remove pan from oven and lift out spring form pan and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove aluminum foil; run a sharp knife around edge of pan to loosen; allow to cool an additional hour and remove side of pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with candied oranges or pistachios if desired.
The filling is quite alot for 1 cheesecake, depending on how large you spring form is. I made 2 mini and 1 large cheesecake and there was plenty. Same for the crust..
Love it. I used Lorna Doone Cookiies instead of the Graham Crackers for the crust! - TommyHunt
Love this, the recipe was easy to follow, but for my first time making it and following the baking t...
See Full Review >> - mbrinker