Creamy Mushroom Orzo Soup
Creamy Mushroom Orzo Soup.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 ounce dried Porcini mushrooms
- 2 12oz jars Cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper as desired
- 5 cups water
- 2 Porcini mushroom bouillon cubes
- 1 pound dried orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Get the Ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- Add the dried mushrooms to a bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside
- Add the Cannellini beans to a food processor and process till smooth. Set aside
- Put a large stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil and butter. Once the butter has melted, add the shallots. Sauté until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot and stir with a wooden spoon to coat them in the oil and butter. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the soaked Porcini mushrooms to the pot and cook for 5 minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the water and boullion cubes to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water.
- While the pasta cooks, add the pureed Cannellini beans to the pot. Once the pasta is just shy of al dente, add it to the soup.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.