Farro, Butternut Squash and Pancetta
Farro, Butternut Squash and Pancetta... a very tasty and nutritional dish very high in protein.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Farro:
- 1 pound farro
- 3 cups butternut squash - diced
- 2 cups pancetta - diced
- 3 1/2 quarts vegetable broth - better if you make your own
- 6 scallions - chopped in large sections
- 5 sage leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Put the vegetable broth in a large pot and bring it to boil. Once it boils, add the Farro and let it cook. It will take about 30 mins. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- While the Farro is cooking, in a saute` pan add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil along with the butternut squash, the scallions and the sage. Let the squash cook until it is soft and begins to brown. Set aside.
- In a saute` pan, add a coating of olive oil and saute` the pancetta until it is slightly crispy on all sides. Drain the oil and set aside.
- Once the Farro is cooked, by the way it always maintains a rather Al Dente consistency, add the vegetables and the pancetta to the pot, stir for 1-2 minutes and serve.
Please Follow me on Instagram!