Fresh Plum Tomato Sauce
Fresh Plum Tomatoes, Basil, either from your back yard or store bought, and Pasta... makes a great meal.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 15 fresh plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta (or any pasta you like)
- salt & pepper to your taste
- grated Romano cheese
- Wash and cut tomatoes in half the long way and remove the seeds.
- Put them into a Large pot with water. Cook them until the skins start to come off and the tomatoes are soft and cooked.
- In a bowl, put the 1/4 cup of the EVOO and then add the chop basil to it. Set aside.
- Drain the water from the cooked tomatoes and keep the tomatoes.
- Take a couple of tomatoes at a time and remove the skin and smash the tomatoes with a fork. Throw away the skins. Put the smashed tomatoes in the bowl with the EVOO and basil. Continue until all the tomatoes are finished **. Add salt and pepper to your taste and mix. Set aside.
- Put another pot up with water and add the salt to your taste.
- Once the water in the pot starts to boil...you can add the pasta. Cook to your taste.
- Drain the pasta and put it back into the pot.
- Add 3/4 of the cooked tomatoes (with the basil and EVOO in it) to the pasta and mix.
- Put pasta in the plates. Before serving add a spoonful of sauce and basil on top.
- Have some grated cheese on the table for the people that want it.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
If you want the tomatoes a bit less chunky, use a stick hand mixer to cut up the cooked tomatoes a bit more. Enjoy !!