Lemon Mask Sugar Cookies
Lemon Mask Sugar Cookies.
Summer Dessert Recipes:
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cold
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 vile rum extract, 1 packet Vanillina powder or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- colored nonpareils to decorate
- Get the Ingredients you need for this recipe HERE!
- To make the cookies:
- In a food processor, combine the butter and flour and mix until crumbs form. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and make a well.
- To the well add the sugar, baking powder, vanilla, egg, lemon zest and the lemon extract.
- Mix with your hands until a dough forms.
- Form the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper to about 1/4 inch thickness. Using a mask cookie cutter, cut out as many cookies as possible. Re roll any scraps and cut out more cookies.
- If the dough becomes too sticky, refrigerate for 10 minutes and roll the dough out again.
- Place the cut out cookies on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze:
- In a bowl whisk together the confectioners sugar, milk and extract until a thick glaze forms. Drizzle the glaze over the cookies.
- For a more precise application, Fill a small plastic zipper top bag with the glaze. Snip a small corner off one side and pipe the glaze around the outline of the cookie and fill with more glaze. Decorate with colored nonpareils.