Lemon Pistachio Pesto Pasta Salad
Lemon Pistachio Pesto Pasta Salad.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pesto:
- 2 1/2 cups tightly packed basil leaves washed and dried off
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios shells removed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
For the pasta salad:
- 1 pound Fusilli Pasta, or any short pasta you prefer
- 6 tightly packed cups arugula washed and dried
- 1 cup pearl mozzarella balls can sub cubed fresh mozzarella
- Lemon zest for topping
- Extra virgin olive oil for topping
- To make the pesto:
- Put the basil, pistachios, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cheeses and salt into a food processor bowl, and process to a uniform, smooth consistency.
- Set aside for the pasta salad or store in an air tight container with a thin layer of oil over the top.
- To make the pasta salad:
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water and cook until Al dente.
- Run the pasta under cold, running water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the pesto and toss until the pasta is coated. Add the arugula and pearl mozzarella and toss until fully combined.
- Serve on a platter and top with extra lemon zest and another drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.