Italian Ricotta Cookies
Italian Ricotta Cookies, the easiest cookie to make for all holidays ans special occasions.
BTW, by just changing the color of the sprinkles, these cookies can be adapted for holidays, weddings, bridal showers, communions, etc.
For 5 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Christmas sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat in ricotta, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft).
- Bake all your cookies.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar and milk until smooth. With small teaspoon, spread icing on cookies. Decorate with Christmas sprinkles.
- Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.
- Storage Suggestions:
- Store the cookies in an airtight container. The cookies do not need to be refrigerated. For best results frost them the night before serving.
Can also make with almond flavoring or lemon flavoring!
I made these for Easter and they were very good. - AnnetteLC
Tastes just like my great grandma’s cookies - Tmanglicmot
These are always a hit. I replace the baking powder and vanilla with vanillina con lievito and add a...
See Full Review >> - Lragone78
Sooooo simple yet very, very scrumptious!!! - new york
My grandma passed over 15 years ago and we were left with very little recipes as she baked and cooke...
See Full Review >> - ShellhasaBell
These are amazing. - Naples Rider
This recipe is wonderful! - Jodycorso