Ricotta Cookies... the easiest cookie to make.
BTW, by just changing the color of the sprinkles, these cookies can be adapted for any holiday or occasion!
For 5 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Christmas sprinkles for decorating
Get your copy of the
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat in ricotta, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft).
- Bake all your cookies.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar and milk until smooth. With small teaspoon, spread icing on cookies. Decorate with Christmas sprinkles.
- Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.
- Storage Suggestions:
- Store the cookies in an airtight container. The cookies do not need to be refrigerated. For best results frost them the night before serving.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Can also make with almond flavoring or lemon flavoring!
These cookies are absolutely delicious and easy to make. They have become a new family favorite!! - Cmnapp
Dee-licious! Everyone loved these cookies and the fluffiness inside! Very easy to make... - CMC
Very moist, nice flavor! - debpic
I make these quite often as they can be customized to any special occasion. Because they are so moi...
See Full Review >> - bettydee
im definitely going to try and make these for christmas - cucinanatalia