Nutella Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies
Nutella Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup Nutella, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 packet Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons 00 or all purpose flour
- crushed pistachios for rolling the cookies
- 1/2 cup pistachio spread
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the 1/2 cup Nutella, egg and Vanillina in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour and beat until just absorbed and a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1 level tablespoon sized balls and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Roll each ball into the crushed pistachios. Using your finger, make indentations in the middle of each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of pistachio spread into the indentations. Top with crushed pistachios or sprinkles. Or both!