Lemon Twist Cookies
Lemon Twist Cookies... great for dipping in coffee!
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 3 1/2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, plus one for egg wash
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lemons, zest and juice
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, oil, zest and juice. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until frothy. Lower the speed to low and add in the flour a little at a time until a dough forms.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 13x18 inch Baking Sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray them with baking spray.
*as an alternative to baking spray you can dip the bottom of each cookie into flour before placing it on the baking sheet so they do not stick.
- On a lightly floured work surface take a chunk of dough and roll it into a rope about 1 inch thick and about 8 inches long.
- Fold the rope in half and twist twice. Lay each cookie about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a bowl, beat the remaining egg with a fork and brush each cookie with the egg wash. Sprinkle each cookie with sugar and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the bottoms are nicely browned.