Lenticchie di Castelluccio in Umido
Castelluccio Lentils in broth from Umbria... the land of lentils.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 pound Castelluccio lentils or any lentils you can find at your local grocer
- 1 pound peeled tomatoes
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 leaves of fresh basil
- vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup EV olive oil
- salt & pepper
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- Chop the carrots, onion and celery very fine.
- In a pot add the olive oil and saute` the carrots, onion and celery.
- After 3 mins. add the tomatoes and the basil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 15 mins. at medium heat.
- Add the lentils and the hot broth to completely cover the lentils.
- Cook for an additional 20 mins. add more hot broth as needed.
- Serve by adding a dash of fresh EV olive oil.
Nonna Maria Elisa Borghini, First Course Recipes, Umbria Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Lentils Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Diabetic First Courses Recipes, Heart Friendly First Courses Recipes, Gluten Free First Courses Recipes, Vegetarian First Course Recipes, Vegan First Course Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes
Just perfect for this rainy weather. - lkkalj