Mezzi Rigatoni with Peas, Prosciutto and Cream
Mezzi Rigatoni with Peas, Prosciutto and Cream... this is a great dish to make at any time of the year!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Mezzi Rigatoni pasta
- 2 medium shallots chopped
- 10 ounces frozen baby peas thawed or fresh if they are in season
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cubed (if the prosciutto is sliced it can be juliened or cut into strips)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook Pasta in salted boiling water until slightly under Al Dente.
- In a large Saute Pan heat the Oil and saute the shallots until crisp at the edges.
- Add the Prosciutto and saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peas and the heavy cream and bring to a quick boil for about a minute just until it all comes together.
- Add the Pasta and the grated cheese to the saute pan and toss together 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with fresh cracked Black Pepper and more grated cheese if desired.
Use the Code CWN20 to Get 20% OFF
On my New T-Shirts!