Pappardelle alla Bolognese
Pappardelle alla Bolognese.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta and Sauce:
- 1 pound Pappardelle pasta
- 1/2 pound Ground beef
- 1/2 pound Ground pork
- 6 ounces Tomato paste
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 Bay leaves
- pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons EV olive oil
- salt, as desired
- In a large pan saute add the EV olive oil, the bay leaves and the onion. Saute the onion and once it has become translucent, add the celery and the carrot. Let them cook for about 4 mins. add salt as desired.
- Add the meats and brake them with a wooden spoon. Let the meat saute until it all browns.
- Add the nutmeg.
- Add the tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Mix well, lower the flame to low and let it cook for 30 mins. If the sauce gets dry add some hot water or pasta water.
- Cook the Pappardelle in salted water and once they are Al Dente, drain them and mix with the Bolognese Sauce.
First Course Recipes, Meat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Pasta Sauces, Valentine's Day Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes, Sunday Dinner Recipes