Capuzzelle - Lamb's Head alla Barese
Lamb's Head (Capuzzelle) alla Barese... an Easter delicacy!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Capuzzelle:
- 1 lamb's head cut in half
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch of thyme
- pinch of oregano
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- salt & pepper
Get into the Christmas Spirit!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Pots and Cups are now in Stock!
Get both HERE!!!
- From your trusted butcher, buy a lamb's head and have the butcher cut it in half for you. Make sure they cut it with an electric saw so that you get a very clean cut.
- Wash the head under fresh water and remove any blood residues that may be present.
- Fill a bowl with fresh water, add the vinegar and the lamb's head. Let it sit overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Wash the head once again under fresh water and tap dry it.
- Sprinkle both sides of the heads with salt, pepper, thyme and oregano and place the halfs in a baking pan with the cut side up.
- Drizzle olive oil over the heads, cover the two halves of the brain with a bay leaf so that the brain will not burn. Add a sprig of rosemary on top of each half.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the white wine over the heads and bake for an addtional 30-35 mintes, depending on the size of the head.
PS: two indicators to look at to make sure that the head is cooked are: 1) the brain will show no more blood spots and the tongue will be firm.
Elisa, you are suggesting a totally different recipe. If you have anther recipe for making Capuzzel...
See Full Review >> - rossella rago