Chicken alla Cacciatora
Chicken alla Cacciatora... just the way a hunter would cook a chicken.
For 4 Person(s)
- 8 pieces of dark meat chicken (Thighs and Drumsticks)
- 1 ounce dried Porcini mushrooms soaked and chopped small. (Reserve the soaking liquid)
- 3 Celery Stalks cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 10 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms cubed
- 2 small shallots sliced
- 2 medium onions cut into 1/8ths
- 4 ounces Speck cubed
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes
- extra virgin oil to cover the bottom of the pot
- flour for dredging
- salt and black pepper
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in 1 cup warm water. Chop the mushrooms small and set aside. Pour the soaking liquid through a coffee filter and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge all the pieces of chicken with flour. Set aside
- In a large Dutch Oven brown the chicken in the oil 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- In the remaining oil, add the rosemary sprig and saute about 2 minutes. Add the speck and saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the celery and onions and saute until the edges begin to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pot.
- Add the wine and reduce until no more alcohol can be sensed.
- Add the porcini mushrooms and soaking liquid and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- Add the portobello mushrooms and salt to taste. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes for the mushrooms to soften. Uncover until sauce is reduced and chicken is tender about 15 mins.
- Remove the rosemary sprig and serve.
Tip- The extra sauce can be saved and served with pasta!
San Marzano tomatoes take this over the Top - stoneman59
This is Speck: http://www.cookingwithnonna.com/italian-cuisine/category/speck-alto-adige-recipes.ht...
See Full Review >> - rossella rago
what is speck - MommomB