Nonna's Cream Puffs
Making Cream Puffs could not be any easier. Watch how I make them with my Nonna Romana who has been making them for a few decades!
PS: This Video Recipe is also available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cream Puffs:
- 1 cup 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 stick (4 ounces - 113 grams) butter
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- custard cream (Recipe Below)
- cannoli cream (Recipe Below)
- whip cream
- fresh strawberries
- Make the Cream Puffs:
- In a pot add the water, the butter and salt. Put the pot on the stove and melt the butter in the water.
- Slowly add the flour and mix well until the flour is totally absorbed and you have a ball.
- Put the ball in a stand mixer and one by one add the four eggs until you have a soft dough.
- Preheat the oven at 425F
- Put the dough in a baker's bag and deposit about 1 Tsp of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20-22 mins. until the Cream Puffs turn golden. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Assemble the Cream Puffs:
- Take each cream puff, with a serrated knife slice the cream puff in half and fill it with the cream that you prefer.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Where is the recipe for the filling? - Marymoo