Olive Oil Braid Cookies
Olive Oil Braid Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 4 1/2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, divided (4 for the dough, 1 for the egg wash)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 packets Vanillina or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided - Vanillina available in La Bottega - See link Below!
- Or 2 teaspoons almond, anise, orange our lemon extract
- Rainbow Nonpareils for decorating
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Get the Vanillina HERE!
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Line a Baking Sheet with Parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl beat the 4 eggs and the sugar on medium speed until lemon colored and foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the olive oil and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture and mix until fully absorbed. The dough will be rather soft.
- On a floured counter, take walnut-sized piece of dough and roll it into 1/2-inch thick and 5 inches long strand. Your hands should be dusted with flour to prevent sticking. Do the same with 2 more strands. Pinch the top of all three ends together, then make them into a braid. Pinch the ends together. You may need to add a drop of water if the dough will not stick together. Repeat the procedure with the remaining dough.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on your baking sheet. Whisk the remaining egg with a fork into a bowl. Brush each cookie with the egg wash and sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
I made two batches for these cookies and had to throw both out. Can anyone help me? The only thing...
See Full Review >> - Bocamama